Basketball has become a developed sport in many nations in recent years. However, not everyone is knowledgeable about the basic rules of basketball currently applied in professional basketball tournaments today.
Rules of the team participating in basketball competitions
Composition of a basketball team includes:
- The maximum number of players in a team is 12, including the captain of the team.
- Each basketball team has only 1 coach or an additional assistant coach.
- In the team seating area, there will be a maximum of five members to sit in this area, including doctors, massage assistants …
Each team will have 5 athletes, participate in competition on the field, and can become a substitute, when replaced by the coach.
NBA basketball rules
- The shirt of the athletes when participating in the competition, of a team, must be the same color both front and back, and the shirt must be in the pants when competing.
- The pants of the athletes during the competition need to have uniformity, in color both front and back. For competition pants, it is not necessary to match the shirt color.
- The pants worn by a competitor may be longer than the outer pants, requiring the same color as the competition pants.
- The number of shirts must be in accordance with the law of basketball to ensure a clear team.
If a player is injured, then the game will be suspended.
- When the ball is dead (the ball cannot be moved), the umpire will suspend the match.
- When the ball is live, wait until the end of the ball the referee blew the whistle to pause.
In the event that a player feels that a player may be seriously injured, the referee may stop the game immediately to protect the player.
- Change when a player is injured and does not recover when more than 15 seconds. Need to replace new people or teams will have to play without enough 5 people.
- The doctor has the right to intervene without the permission of the umpire when he realizes that a player on the field needs urgent intervention.
- In accordance with the provisions of the basketball law, a player who is injured and has bleeding does not stop will not be allowed to play.
- A player who has been injured by the registration team can replace a substitute player.
Regulations on the half and the time to play according to basketball rules
Time of a basketball match
- The duration of a basketball half will be within 10 minutes.
- The break time between halves is 2 minutes including extra time, only the break between the 2nd and 3rd periods is 15 minutes.
- The preparation time before the game starts is 20 minutes.
- If in the fourth half of the match the score of the match is still indeterminate, the match will be pushed to extra innings. The time for each extra period will be 5 minutes and the two teams will play until the results are different.
- If the umpire determines that a foul has occurred at the time the signal notifying the end of playing time, the free throws will be taken immediately after the end of the playing time.
Basketball rules (during match play)
- In the rules of basketball regulation, athletes can use their hands to handle the ball and can use methods such as holding the ball, passing the ball, rolling the ball.
- Players who use any other part of the body such as, legs, shoulders, chest … to control the ball will be counted as breaking the law. However, if accidentally contacting the ball with the ball does not count as breaking the law.
A player who touches the ball from the bottom with his hand (like a volleyball action) will be considered a violation of basketball law.